Word on the Street 4/17/12
1. Pippa Middleton is unlikely to be investigated over an incident involving a toy gun over the weekend in Paris, French police have said. Middleton was potentially facing a grilling by outraged cops in Paris after she was seen in a car with friends as one terrifyingly brandished what appeared to be a gun. Prince William’s sister-in-law was with three male pals in an Audi convertible when the driver took out the alleged weapon and held it aloft in broad daylight.
He waved it in the air and pointed it at a photographer, who captured the chilling moment the barrel of what looks like a semiautomatic gun stared straight down his lens. Middleton, the 27-year-old sister of the future British queen Catherine, 30, is clearly seen in the front passenger seat. The incident, dubbed “gungate” by the British tabloids, was photographed and caused a stir considering the recent gun violence in France.
Read more: NYPOST
(The paparazzi need to chill the f**k out. I know it’s their job to get pics of celebs but there’s a difference between doing your job and invading someone’s privacy and risking someone’s safety. Have paparazzi’s not learned from Princess Diane’s death. If I’m ever blessed to be a celeb, I would embrace the paparazzi but others like the Royal Family aren’t like that and the paparazzi should respect their wishes unless they want to be responsible for someone else’s death. Do unto others as you would like to be done. – J.K.)
2. MediaTakeOut.com spoke with a member of rapper Nicki Minaj’s camp, and they are WORRIED about Nicki’s MENTAL STATE. According to our insider, Nicki has been WORKING EXTREMELY HARD lately – and there are signs that she may have had a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. Nicki has been working practically 24 hours a day, for the last month promoting her latest album.
Everything came to a head when Nicki’s NUMBER ONE fan site, NickiDaily.com, posted LEAKED music – from Nicki’s NEXT album. Nicki immediately called the site out, and blocked them as a TWITTER FOLLOWER. But the site FOUGHT BACK, rallying a number of Nicki fans (her Barbz) against her.
The site, and Nicki’s former fans began a campaign of BLASTING her, both on Twitter and Facebook. Nicki Daily then DELETED their site and their twitter page. Nicki, in response to the INTENSE PRESSURE she was under, deleted her Twitter page. Multiple insiders have tried to reach Nicki on her cellphone, but she is COMPLETELY OFFLINE. (MTO, IS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO TALK LIKE THIS?!?! – J.K.) We hope she’s OK.
Read more: MTO
(The life of a celebrity can actually be very stressful believe it or not……as we’ve seen with the Pippa Middleton story, but I think if you have a set schedule to take a break to visit and chill with your family and they keep you grounded and stable, it’s possible to be successful without getting the stresses of living the Hollywood life built up in your head. Let’s just hope she doesn’t go into a psychological drift from reality and end up doing something regrettable. Get better soon Ms. Nicki…..BTW, she looks hot in that “Beez in a Trap” video…. After seeing it, all I could say is DAYUM! – J.K.)
3. Just two months after Kobe Bryant and his estranged wife Vanessa shared a Valentine’s Day kiss — fueling hopes of a reconciliation — the two hit up the L.A. Kings playoff game with their daughters … as “really good friends.” Sources close to Kobe tell TMZ … the divorce is still on … but Kobe is adamant the two are “really good friends” who still love each other.
As TMZ first reported, Kobe has been “aggressively” trying to save his marriage … swearing up and down he will never cheat again. We’re told Vanessa was open to the idea of a reconciliation … but as of now, the divorce is still expected to move forward with Vanessa set to walk away with all three of the Bryant’s Newport mansions PLUS $75 million in cash.
Read more: TMZ
(Wouldn’t you be doing the same thing if you had to give up the kind of dough Kobe is going to have to let go? Keep doing what you have to do Kobe……..as original as this sounds <sarcasm>…………that ish is crae – J.K.)
4. Here it is … the $8 million “parting gift” Simon Cowell gave to his ex-fiancee Mezhgan Hussainy when he dumped her ass earlier this year — his old, used mansion in Beverly Hills. TMZ has learned … Simon moved out of the home a few years ago … when he upgraded to a spiffier 6-bedroom $12 million dream home … just a few miles away.
As we previously reported, Simon felt Mezhgan “deserved” the old property for having to deal with all of the public scrutiny that comes with dating the “X Factor” honcho. The real question — why did Simon have an old mansion just lying around? If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.
Read more: TMZ
(Damn, I want to be that rich……when I break up with a woman I’m dating, in order to say sorry for the way things worked out, just give her an $8 MILLION MANSION!!! No wonder it has been reported that Simon usually gets along with all of his ex-GF’s. – J.K.)
5. Hot on heels of positive response over Tupac Shakur’s resurrection at the third day of Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, words run rampant that the late rapper will be brought to life once again for a tour. The hologram image of Tupac reportedly will be joined by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg.
A source told The Wall Street Journal that representatives for the Doc and Snoop will meet to discuss logistics for the roadshow. The options are holding a stadium tour involving such big stars as Eminem, 50 Cent and Wiz Khalifa, or staging a smaller tour with only Dre, Snoop and the virtual Tupac.
Read more: AceShowbiz
(Great business move by Dr. Dre and Snoop……Dre has reinvented himself over the past couple of years with his headphones brand and it’s great to see him back in the rap game showing prospective rappers what REAL Hip Hop is! The hologram of Tupac took the world by storm, I experienced it firsthand because this blog got the most views ever in one day because of the Tupac story. Even Tupac’s mother was amazed telling TMZ that it made her proud……I guess this is Tupac’s post-death move…..if B.I.G. can have a film, Tupac can be a hologram……even in death, they’re trying to outdo each other. – J.K.)