EPIC FAIL of the Day 2/29/12
1. A Zimbabwean woman and her son have done the unthinkable – they have fallen in love with one another. And now they want to marry since the mom, Betty Mbereko from Mwenezi in Masvingo, is six months pregnant and expecting her son’s child. Mbereko (40), who was widowed 12 years ago, has been cohabiting with her first child, Farai Mbereko (23). She confirms that she is six months pregnant and that she has decided it is better to “marry” her son because she does not want to marry her late husband’s young brothers, whom she says are coveting her.
Read more: The Zimbabwe Mail
2. Police in New York state said a man on parole was arrested after a Facebook posting depicted him illegally shooting a gun.
Livingston County sheriff’s deputies said they received a tip from someone who saw the Facebook video of Kevin Mosher, 26, shooting the gun despite the conditions of his parole from two felony convictions forbidding him from possessing any firearms, the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reported Tuesday.
Mosher was charged with misdemeanor fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon. He will appear in Caledonia Town Court at a later date, investigators said.
Read more: UPI
3. A Swedish father who found a drunk man sleeping in his 3-year-old’s bed said he only decided to call police after discovering the stranger had urinated.
The Stenungsund man said he got up early Sunday to take care of his dog and his 3-year-old son soon came downstairs and said there was a “ghost” in his bed, The Local reported Monday.
Read more: UPI
4. An armed man barged into a Florida motel room on Thursday, scuffled with his victims, and then dropped his gun — only to return later to try to buy back his own firearm for $40, according to published reports. At about midnight on Thursday, Cedrick Mitchell, 39, tried to rob two men at the Royal Motel in Bradenton.
He asked the men for pills, and when they said they didn’t have any, he pulled out a handgun. Mitchell then demanded “everything you got,” said Bradenton police Capt. Warren Merriman, and a brawl ensued, reported the paper. At some point during the scuffle, Mitchell allegedly dropped his gun and was pepper-sprayed by one of his victims. He then ran away.
But moments later, the police captain told the paper, Mitchell was back, begging the two men to let him buy his gun back for $40. They then pepper-sprayed him in the face again, he said, and he once again ran away.
The men called 911. An officer spotted Mitchell and, after a brief chase, Mitchell was arrested and booked at the Manatee County Jail, Merriman said.
Read more: MSNBC
5. A naked numbskull — apparently on methamphetamine — was caught on tape asking for a job at a welding shop on Saturday and then trying to fight off arresting officers in Sacramento, CBS 13 reported.
In a video captured by shop workers, Jose Ayala, 36, can be seen standing and then squatting in broad daylight as employees call the cops.
“I turn around and I’m like, whoa!” shop owner Chris Johnson told the station. “He said something about [how] he was looking for work, and he was good with his hands. I didn’t know why a naked dude would be in my shop.”
Here is the EPIC FAIL segment from my radio show earlier today (Courtesy of 96.3 WXSU LP Salisbury)