The Scoop 1/12/12
1. After emulating Marilyn Monroe in a series of photo shoots, most recently for Playboy, Lindsay Lohan may be taking on another screen legend, Elizabeth Taylor. I have learned that the 25-year-old actress is in early talks for the female lead in Lifetime’s original movie Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story, chronicling the enduring love of movie icons Taylor and Richard Burton, whose fiery romance was the most notorious, publicized and celebrated love affair of its day. The film, produced by Larry Thompson (Amish Grace) and written by Christopher Monger (Temple Grandin), was originally announced as part as Lifetime’s 2011-12 development slate.
Read more: Deadline
2. It looks like Jim Carrey wasn’t kidding about that “Bruce Almighty” sequel. Universal has begun negotiations with Jarrad Paul and Andrew Mogel(“Hot Tub Time Machine,” “Yes Men”) to write a script for a follow-up the 2003 comedy. Little else is known about the project at this time, but the screenplay will be fashioned for Carrey to star.
The original film grossed $484 million worldwide, enough to warrant a sequel — one that didn’t actually feature Carrey’s titular character. That film, “Evan Almighty,” focused on Steve Carell’s supporting character and shifted things more toward family fare. Not surprisingly — even with Carell in the lead — it washed out in theaters, earning $310 million less worldwide than its predecessor.
Read more: MovieFone
3. Khloe Kardashian’s sister Kim is saying Robert Kardashian is WITHOUT A DOUBT Khloe’s biological father … and anyone who suggests otherwise is completely full of crap. Sources close to Kim tell TMZ … the family is fuming at Robert’s ex-wives … who both told the tabloids Robert privately revealed that Khloe was fathered by another man. We’re told, “It’s totally untrue and the family is very hurt.” One source close to Kris Jenner tells us … Khloe’s mom isn’t even fazed by the rumors because “it’s so ridiculous, it’s not even worth her time.”
Read more: TMZ
4. Casey Anthony said she was raped at a party when she was 18 and that’s how she conceived Caylee — this according to Casey’s former psychiatrist
The psychiatrist — Dr. Jeff Danziger — recounts the allegation in his deposition, which was just unsealed today by a Florida judge.
In the deposition, Danziger cites an interview he had with Casey in November 2010 — claiming, “Two beers, possibly given another drug. Woke up passed out … Don’t remember anything at a party, age 18. This is how she said she got pregnant.”
Read more: TMZ
5. If you guessed that Baby Carter would grow up to be a star because of her ubiquitous, famous parents, you were probably right. If you anticipated her first song being released in her tweens, a la Willow Smith, you were dead wrong.
Try within hours of her birth.
Blue Ivy Carter, the bundle of joy brought into the world by megastar Beyoncé (with a little help from fellow famous dad Jay-Z) Saturday (Jan. 7), becomes the youngest person ever credited with gracing a Billboard chart, as Jay-Z’s newly-recorded studio cut “Glory” — officially billed as “featuring B.I.C.,” an abbreviation of Blue Ivy Carter — begins on R&B/Hip-Hop Songs at No. 74.
Read more: Billboard
6. The ink is barely dry on the divorce papers – but apparently Katy Perry’s parents want to set their daughter up with NFL hunk Tim Tebow following her split from Russell Brand.
Pastors Keith and Mary Hudson – Perry’s deeply religious parents – are said to be a fan of the Denver Broncos star because of his strong Christian faith.
According to OK! magazine, they want to set up a meeting between their daughter and Tim, 24, at their church in Huntington Beach, California.
The source added that Keith and Mary are trying to arrange for 27-year-old Perry to perform at their church around the same time they book Tebow to speak from the pulpit.
Read more: The Daily Mail