EPIC FAIL of the Day 1/12/12
1. A city school employee scammed a week off for a Costa Rica vacation by staging the mother of all hoaxes — convincing her bosses she couldn’t work because her daughter had died. Joan Barnett, a parent coordinator at the Manhattan High School of Hospitality Management, was so determined to make the spring break jaunt that she:
* Had one of her daughters call the school to say that her sister had suffered a heart attack in Costa Rica.
* Had another daughter call the school later that day to say that the sister had died and that about a dozen relatives, including Barnett, were traveling to the country for a funeral.
* Faxed a forged death certificate of her daughter “Xinia Daley Herman” to school as proof of the death. The document is required if a city school employee asks for bereavement days.
Thanks to the scam, Barnett, 58, was able to spend 21/2 weeks in March 2010 — including her school-sanctioned spring break — in the tropical paradise, city investigators said.
The morbid plot cost Barnett her $37,000-a-year job at the school. She also pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor over the forgery in Manhattan Criminal Court this fall, records show.
Read more: New York Daily News
2. A math teacher, who allegedly began a secksual relationship with a teenage student using Facebook and the ‘Words With Friend’ smartphone game app, has been charged with 24 counts of sexual assault and was being held on $1.85 million bail, authorities said.
Livermore police said the alleged victim revealed the relationship to another teacher at Granada High on Tuesday. Less than 24 hours later, Marie Johnson, 40, have been taken into custody.
The arrest has stunned the East Bay community.
“Something like this sends shock waves through the entire educational community,” said Kelly Bowers, Livermore school superintendent. “There are many people who become affected by this so we have a crisis team to supply for students and employees.”
Read more: KTVU
AND NOW SOME EPIC FAIL VIDEOS AND PHOTOS THAT WE’LL LET SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES, SMFH LOL!!
Why is an 11-year old on a stripper pole??? Where is the Fresh Prince at?
Do you hate yourself that much??