EPIC FAIL of the Day 1/9/12
1. Papa John’s is apologizing after a New York franchise handed a customer a receipt with a racial slur. Minhee Cho had ordered a small pepperoni pie Friday night, when she noticed the offensive missive sprawled on the receipt.
Read more: Mediaite
2. Third graders in in Gwinnett County, Ga., were given math homework Wednesday that asked questions about slavery and beatings. Christopher Braxton told ABC News affiliate WSB-TV in Atlanta that he couldn’t believe the assignment his 8-year-old son brought home from of Beaver Ridge Elementary school in Norcross. “It kind of blew me away,” Braxton said. “Do you see what I see? Do you really see what I see? He’s not answering this question.” The question read, “Each tree had 56 oranges. If eight slaves pick them equally, then how much would each slave pick?”
Read more: Yahoo/ABC News
3. A man robbed Main Beauty Supply in Dallas this week at gunpoint, demanding all the cash in the register — and a little something extra. NBC reports that store employee Benitra Jackson was closing up for the night when a masked man stormed into the store with a weapon and ordered Jackson and her manager to the ground.
The perpetrator, Jackson says, had her surrender all the money in the register, including the change, which he said he needed because he had kids. Then, the thief tossed in a stranger request: he demanded the hair extensions behind the counter. Jackson says the man explained: he needed the best ones for his girlfriend. She obliged.
The demand might sound silly, but hairpieces typically aren’t cheap: premium hair extensions can cost upwards of $200 per piece.
Read more: HuffPo
4. Police say a car landed on the roof of an apartment in California, USA after the driver lost control.
The crash happened in Fresno in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
The driver was speeding in foggy conditions and missed a turn in the road, according to police.
The car became airborne after hitting some large rocks and a tree stump and came to rest on the roof of the building.
The driver of the car fled the scene, but was arrested a short time later. He was taken to hospital to receive treatment.
Read more: RTE
5. Thirty-year-old Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop (LMFAO!!! HAHA) is tentatively charged with carrying a concealed knife, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and a probation violation after his arrest Thursday. He remained in jail as of Sunday. Jail records don’t list a bail amount or an attorney for him. The Capital Times reports he was arrested after residents complained of excessive drinking and drug use near Reynolds Park.
Court records show his previous name was Jeffrey Drew Wilschke, and he legally changed it to Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop in October. He was arrested in another Madison park last April after police found a loaded handgun in his backpack.
Read more: SF Gate
EPIC FAIL PICTURE OF THE DAY
EPIC FAIL VIDEO OF THE DAY