The Scoop 1/6/12
1. The Unit from “Jersey Shore” is gearing up to face the music on a drug possession charge in New Jersey — and he ain’t exactly denying the allegations.
The newest MTV reality star was arrested last summer at the “Jersey Shore” party house in Seaside Heights — when cops claim they found the drug “Special K” on his person. Special K is a hallucinogen, similar to PCP.
Read more: TMZ
2. Rihanna has set her own new year’s resolution of quitting smoking and getting a man plus not to mention, make more money.
According to sources, the superstar has told her friends that she wanted to quit smoking, make more cash and a find a man in the new year 2012. She also believes that quitting smoking may take some time, the other two will be done by February. Another source added that she thinks it’s a good time to quit smoking as she has some down time.
Read more: Freddyo
3. On the heels of all sorts of statuette attention for “Bridesmaids” came word that its blockbuster success – it grossed $288 million worldwide — might not be repeated: Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo were not interested in writing a “Bridesmaids 2.”
“Annie and I aren’t planning a sequel,” Ms. Wiig told The Hollywood Reporter. “We are writing something else.”
This being Hollywood, no one can understand why Ms. Wiig, left, and Ms. Mumolo, her writing partner, were not interested in milking this potential franchise for all its worth (and then some). There is speculation that they were dissatisfied with the bonuses they and their ensemble cast received when the film, produced by, among others, Judd Apatow, left, became a hit (somewhere on the order of $100,000 each), or that Ms. Wiig has simply moved on to other projects.
4. It seems like the claws are out between two of our biggest stars — Lady Gaga and Katy Perry!
It’s not surprising that preacher’s daughter Katy Perry doesn’t see eye to eye with some of Lady Gaga’s anti-religious musical references, but now the duo have gone to extremes to avoid each other by asking to be kept apart at the Grammy Awards next month! Sources have confirmed to Now magazine: “Their people have asked that they’re seated as far away from each other as possible to avoid any uncomfortable moments.”
27 year old Katy apparently fell out with Lady Gaga a while ago over her ‘disrespectful attitude’ towards religion in her videos. She tweeted: “Using blasphemy as entertainment is as cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke.” Another source reveals: “She thinks Gaga’s more into controversy than making music.” Katy’s religious background was also apparently a factor in her split with husband Russell Brand.
Read more: Take 40
5. After garnering negative publicity due to Kim’s 72-day marriage with Kris Humphries, Kardashians are now looking forward lead their own coverage by launching a glossy dedicated to the family. The family is close to signing a deal with American Media Inc., which owns Star and the National Enquirer.
Read more: Hindustan Times
MORE KARDASHIAN SCOOP
6. Kim K responding to Amber Rose who says that Kim cheated on Reggie with her ex Kanye….drama, drama, drama SMH
7. It looks as though Marc Anthony and J. Lo are in a battle of ‘Two Can Play That Game’. After months of Jennifer Lopez running around with her new 24 year old boy toy/ background dancer Casper Smart, Marc Anthony decided he would snatch him up a woman who’s young enough to be his daughter, too.
Yesterday, he posted up photos of himself booed up with his new girl, Venezuelan model Shannon de Lima, on his facebook page. That pic says everything, ‘Yes I’m still getting azz…and she’s bad’.
Read more: Necole Bitchie.com
8. JC Chasez was reportedly celebrated the New Year in a heroic way. The former ‘N SYNC member and “America’s Best Dance Crew” judge saved the life of a 1-year-old in a Miami beach after winds from a helicopter that flew too low caused a beach umbrella to fly across the sand, according to People magazine.
Read more: On The Red Carpet
9. Despite denying divorce rumors back in August, it appears that Will and Jada Pinkett Smith may be finally going their separate ways — at least according to In Touch Weekly.
The magazine is reporting that Jada Smith recently met with celebrity divorce lawyer Laura Wasser, who has represented the likes of Britney Spears, Maria Shriver, and Kim Kardashian.
A source tells In Touch that Smith has “finally begun to take steps to dissolve their marriage,” even reportedly turning down a role in Keanu Reeves directorial debut to spend time with her kids during this “difficult time.”
Read more: HuffPo
10. Kelly Clarkson is playing for the other team.
The first — and best-selling — winner of “American Idol” will appear this season as a mentor on rival singing competition “The Voice.”
Clarkson, 29, will provide guidance to singers coached by country superstar Blake Shelton in an episode set to air in late March or April, sources close to the show tell The Post.
“The thing I love about ‘The Voice’ is that they’re more mentors — they’re not judges,” Clarkson said in an interview last September. “I would never really want to be a judge, just because I don’t want to break people’s hearts.
Read more: NY Post