Kanye West’s Twitter Translation
1. More clarity… I have no agency representing me currently… William Morris was fired after Cara lewis quit. I love Cara Lewis : )
Cara Lewis is Kanye’s agent and the agent to some of Hip-Hop’s hottest acts such as Eminem, B.o.B, Rihanna etc., she’s recently been named the 14th most powerful person in music by Billboard. Last month after Lewis left the William Morris Agency, Kanye left along with her. She then joined the Creative Artists Agency and based on Kanye’s tweet, it looks like Kanye is headed that way as well (Eminem has already left WME with Ms. Lewis for CAA) but for now he’s not represented by anyone.
2. I love being back at my fashion office learning and creating. It’s so challenging and fun and I’m surrounded by amazing people. They
so (say) you only live once but every time I come to work I feel like I’m starting a second life.
Billboard recently reported about Kanye moving to London to start his new career in fashion, and it looks like based on this tweet, he wasn’t playing:
The Sun reports that Kanye had a holiday bash for his label in London the week before Christmas and passed on a bit of interesting information. A source told the UK tabloid that while conversing with guests at the party, the rapper said he “went home for the holidays but was proclaiming that he is now based in the capital and would return in early January.”
The source added, “He’s close to the lecturers and students at the Central Saint Martins College and being in London means he can stop by for advice any time.”
And if you pay attention to “The Scoop” we talked about this!! LOL
3. I’ve been working at this for 8 years now …from the first offers to do urban clothing lines that I turned down…
I did the first fashion show out of my own pocket and used the money I made touring to follow my passion.
You guys might think I have some type of backing for my line but I don’t.
Kanye had a fashion show during the critically-acclaimed Paris Fashion Week which occurs every year, here’s what MTV wrote about it:
Kanye West finally unveiled his much-discussed womenswear line Saturday night (October 1) with a high-profile show at Paris Fashion Week that was as full of eye-catching designs as it was celebs.
From Vogue Editor in Chief Anna Wintour to actress Lindsay Lohan, the stars were on full display for West’s show. Minutes after ‘Ye took his bow, we spoke to Ciara, who phoned MTV News from backstage to give us her take on the collection. And, yes, she was impressed with what she saw.
“It was amazing. The clothes, the feeling in the room, the energy backstage — it really feels special,” she said. “It was definitely one of the most talked-about events [of Paris Fashion Week], because it wasn’t going to be your typical show. This doesn’t happen every day, and to see someone like Kanye, who aspires to succeed in fashion, to get so much respect and cross over like this, it was monumental. It was an historic moment.”
Despite Ciara’s compliments, many “fashion experts” said that the fashion show was an “embarrassment” to the Paris Fashion Week, and that he only got to do the fashion show because of his celebrity rather than talent (Similar to what everyone said about his DJ skills, lol)
4. To begging Bape to do my line and never making any real headway…
BAPE which means “A Bathing Ape”, is a Japanese clothing line founded in 1993 by Nigo who is a Japanese music producer and DJ. Last February, Nigo sold BAPE to Hong Kong fashion conglomerate I.T. for $2.8 million but he remains the creative director of the company and the main guy in charge
5. To having an office in LA that was shut down after the “MTV” moment along with my tour with GAGA
I moved to Japan for one month after that and designed every night in my room… I had this opportunity to intern at Fendi and was also..
..offered a position to at Versace wich I could not take due to my contract with LV which was for 2 years…
Fendi is an “Italian fashion house” founded in 1925, Karl Lagerfeld, who is a famous German fashion designer is the guy in charge of the company.
Everyone knows what Versace is, lol but in case you don’t, it’s another heritage Italian fashion house founded in 1978 by Gianni Versace, who was murdered in 1997 in his Miami mansion by serial killer Andrew Cunanan.
Louis Vuitton is a FRENCH fashion house founded in 1854 which is best known for it’s expensive wallets and jewelry (well, that’s what all these companies are known for LOL)
6. I moved to Rome after I left Japan and worked at Fendi for 4 months under cover … I was there to give ideas for the men’s collection
I snuck to Giuseppe Zanotti Factory still under contract and learned to design woman’s shoes for 2 years before my first show in Paris
After doing the first LV collection I was sure I would get a second shot to create but was never given the opportunity
Giuseppe Zanotti is an Italian fashion designer best known for shoes, his shoes have been worn by Beyonce, J.Lo, Heidi Klum, Mary J. Blige and many other female celebrities.
7. I designed a sneaker called the YEEZY with Nike. I’m “allowed” to design 1 pair of sneakers every 2 years. I have more ideas…
8. Early 2011 … I moved to Paris and ed a small design studio… the language barrier was quite difficult…
I still don’t have a Paris VAT number to this day… I don’t know what a VAT but every time I asked why we didn’t have fabrics they said…
… it was because of the VAT.
Here’s how Investopedia defines “VAT”, something the US was considering implementing to help pay for the deficit:
VALUE ADDED TAX – A type of consumption tax that is placed on a product whenever value is added at a stage of production and at final sale. Value-added tax (VAT) is most often used in the European Union. The amount of value-added tax that the user pays is the cost of the product, less any of the costs of materials used in the product that have already been taxed.
For example when a television is built by a company in Europe the manufacturer is charged a value-added tax on all of the supplies they purchase for producing the television. Once the television reaches the shelf, the consumer who purchases it must pay the value-added tax that applies to him or her.
Read more: INVESTOPEDIA
9. In Paris I met many great people in design including the master Azzedine Alaia… Azzedine even came by my studio one day : )))
This was the greatest feeling to stand in his presence in my embarrassingly small Paris studio in a courtyard opposite Collate
Mr. Alaia is a Tunisian-born shoe and fashion designer whose clothes have been worn by Madonna and the First Lady, Michelle Obama. He also won an award for best designer of the year in 1984.
10. I remember being 5 years old picking and my mother taking me with her shopping at the discount fur spots
She said I would always point to the most expensive furs even as a child LOL
It’s something about making clothing that always brings me back to that point. For the first 16 or 17 years of my life the only thing…
I knew about my woman’s clothing was what my Mom would wear. I guess some critics would joke that I still don’t know anything LOL
11.My Mom would wear blue jeans with a fur and an embellished “Cosby Show” sweater : ) to pick me up from school
… the teachers said I couldn’t focus… I used to get kicked out of class for bringing dirty mags and drawing Nikeys in 4th grade
12. Being a celebrity has afforded me many opportunities but has also boxed me in creatively.
I was just discussing becoming the creative director for the Jetson movie and someone on the call yelled out.. you should do a Jetsons tour!
This just happened a few hours ago. I was very insulted of course becuase for anyone that’s seen the Watch the Throne Tour…
Or Coachella or Glow in the Dark or Runaway.. you know I have real ideas…
13. I appreciate having the most nominations at the Grammies but I feel so conflicted by the fact that award shows sometimes are completely……illogical
Good logic tells me smile Kanye… the world likes you again… red or blue pill? … aaaaand Swallow lol
I wouldn’t have the prestige I have if it wasn’t partially for the Grammies validation and I honor that
14.….hmmmmm what to wear… here I go again… Yeezy the trend setter or complete fucking fashion victim … the verdict is still out
This is just a train of thought .. but figure it’s better to read than trained thoughts
What good is fame and prestige if you can’t use it to help people… I want to help by doing what I know how to do best .. create
15. I have started a new company and I’m so excited about the name…. it’s got the best name ever of all companies of all time!!!….
The name of the company is DONDA
16. DONDA is a design company which will galvanize amazing thinkers and put them in a creative space to bounce there dreams and ideas…
I used to blog all the time an fit was a way to get my opinion out…
Dr Dre redesigned headphones and made more impact off of one product
17. I am assembling a team of architects, graphic designers, directors musicians, producers, AnRs, writers, publicist, social media experts…
app guys, managers, car designers, clothing designers, DJs, video game designers, publishers, tech guys, lawyers, bankers, nutritionist, doctors, scientist,teachers…
DONDA will be comprised of over 22 divisions with a goal to make products and experiences that people want and can afford…
I want to put creatives in a room together with like minds that are all waaaay doper than me
We want to help simplify and aesthetically improve everything we see hear, touch, taste and feel.
..To dream of, create, advertise and produce products driven equally by emotional want and utilitarian need.. To marry our wants and needs.
18. This will all take time but I wanted everyones to know what I really care about… I care about people. I care about my fans..I care about people who have never heard of me… There are over 7 billion people on the planet now…It’s something about coming from music that makes me so optimistic… Music travels and is not limited to only the wealthy.
19. Sometimes my grammar is wrong but my thinking is right : ) My mom was an English teacher so I know she sends an SMDH from heaven : ) 5:18 am in London… My dreams keep me woke
20. The Watch the Throne tour was a small example of what a Donda Experience can be…I’m currently working on a new 7 screen experience
21. This one of our projects to be released this year called 2016 OLYMPIC’s … It’s a semi
sic-fi (sci-fi) since 2016 is only 4 years away : ) We would also like’ to design the MTV awards
22. We’re taking everything 10 steps at a time LOL! I wanted to put this in the world in hopes that the people who can actually make a difference will stand up and reach out. We need as many amazing powerful smart talented wealthy people to be involved… Come get on board… don’t just sit there… reach out. We can collectively effect the world trough design. We need to pick up where steve jobs left off.
23. When I said wealthy I wanted to point out there are so many billionaires in the world that can come together and help to redesign it. Help education. School systems were designed to turn people into factory workers. Schools should be designed to prep human beings for real life.
I TOTALLY AGREE….School don’t teach real world, practical stuff. >>>>> My tweet on @BeBreezyMan last night
24. Spike Jonze and I want to do a Summer school that tries new forms of curriculum. Math classes should teach addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, accounting and money management aaaaaand cut!!! ….UNLESS YOU’RE A MATH MAJOR!!!! Kids you should be able to take majors starting in grammar school like how it is at performing art schools
25. Instead of kicking kids out of schools for using there iPhones… why not promote it? Allow kids to use search engines to do test…like the real WORLD!!! Give kids the amount of test they would have in a year in one day but they have to get everything perfect…Some kids have better memories than others… what about emotional IQs… what about kids who do bad in school because of how bad there..…surroundings are? I meant to say their…excuse me… I just get excited at the possibilities… the more excited I get… the more grammatical errors you’ll see…
26. We need to take what Michael Jackson felt and Mcqueen and Steve Jobs and we need make things better…When me and Jay toured… ever night I peered into the audience astonished by the different walks of life that came to support us.The adrenaline is running… I don’t know if I can even get to sleep now… From Wall street to the London riots to Chicago murders…I sit everyday and ask what can I do to make a difference…
27. I know this is not a very rapper thing to say but I haven’t bought a new car or piece of jewelry in about 2 years…I invest every dime back into creativity… hiring amazing creatives paying for flights, offices … etc..My area of expertise is in music, my passion is in music design film and products… my strength is connectivity…There are so many broken systems from the economy to school systems jail systems… we need experts for this…We need scientist and top world designers to directly affect governments.
28.If anyone would like to reach out email us at contactDONDA@gmail.com
29.I just wanted to share what’s been on my mind..“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” – George Bernard Shaw
FOLLOW Kanye on Twitter @kanyewest