The Scoop 12/29/11
1. KANYE WANTS TO BE CALLED “YEEZY WORLD PEACE” (Twitter)
2. MORE KANYE NEWS: IS HE MOVING TO LONDON TO PURSUE FASHION? (MTV UK) — Hip-hop megastar Kanye West is reported to be planning to move to London to pursue his ambitions in the fashion world. The 34-year-old American is claimed to think that moving to the capital will help him be taken more seriously as a fashion designer. His fashion label is named after his late mother Donda West and received mixed reviews following his debut show earlier this year.
3. LADY GAGA HAS A NEW BOYFRIEND (TMZ) — In one of the first pics of the couple in public, Lady Gaga strolled with her hot new “Vampire Diaries” boyfriend Taylor Kinney in California recently. The couple met on the set of Gaga’s video for “You and I,” where Kinney played her love interest. So far no signs of a bad romance.
4. JAY-Z HAS 99 PROBLEMS AND A LAWSUIT IS ONE (TMZ) — Jay-Z gambled with his employees’ health and safety — this according to a new lawsuit filed against the rapper … by the Workers Compensation Board of New York.
According to the suit, obtained by TMZ, Jay-Z failed to pay workers’ compensationinsurance for three months in 2009 — and sources close to the situation tell us, theinsurance was supposed to cover domestic employees in Jay-Z’s house … cooks, maids, drivers … that sort of thing.
5. KELLY CLARKSON BELIEVES RON PAUL IS HER “Mr. Know It All” IN A GOOD WAY (Gossip Cop) — Just days before the critical Iowa caucus, Ron Paul has secured a major endorsement – from Kelly Clarkson. The “American Idol” winner expressed her support for the Republican presidential candidate on Twitter.
“I love Ron Paul,” Clarkson wrote on Thursday. “I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t.”
She explained, “Ron Paul is about letting people decide, not the government. I am for this.”
6. KARDASHIAN TELL-ALL BOOK COMING TO A BOOKSTORE NEAR YOU (Gossip Cop) — A former nanny for the Kardashian family is reportedly shopping a tell-all book about the reality clan before they were famous.
Pam Behan, who for years worked as a nanny, cook and personal assistant to Kris and Bruce Jenner, trashes Jenner’s sons Brody and Brandon in the book, and also promises to spill secrets about Kim and Kourtney, according to TMZ.
Behan reportedly writes that the Jenner boys were “extremely spoiled and disrespectful,” and claims she was almost fired for slapping Brandon on one occasion.
She describes her relationship with Kardashian matriarch Kris as “love/hate,” and supposedly plans to reveal “intimate details” about the Kardashian daughters.
7. LMFAO IS #1 AGAIN (Billboard) — After a nail-biting seven-week wait at No. 2, LMFAO’s “Sexy and I Know It” at laststruts to the top of the Billboard Hot 100as the chart’s top Digital Gainer during the robust sales week leading up to Christmas Day.
The coronation of “Sexy”dethrones Rihanna’s “We Found Love,” featuring Calvin Harris, after eight weeks at No. 1,Rihanna’s longest Hot 100 command. “Love” spends a sixth week in charge of Hot 100 Airplay (148 million), while slipping 2-3 on Hot Digital Songs (276,000, up 86%).
8. NYT SPAMS 8 MILLION PEOPLE (BuzzFeed) — This afternoon, a bunch of people – myself included – received an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org,” subj line: “Important information regarding your subscription”asking to renew their NYT home delivery subscription they had not signed up for. The Times tweeted from multiple Twitter accounts they did not send out the email and it should be deleted immediately. UPDATE: New York Times is now taking the blame.
The reigning Sexiest Man Alive and Zoe Saldana are dating and they’re extremely happy about it, sources exclusively tell E! News. And we hear that the pair are just now starting to tell family and friends that they’re an item.
10. CHAVEZ: U.S. IS USING CANCER AS WEAPON (Bloomberg) — There is a “very strange” bout of cancer affecting several South American leaders, and the U.S. may be responsible, at least according to Hugo Chávez.
The Venezuelan president believes that his least favorite government to the north is using cancer as a political weapon. “It’s very difficult to explain, even with the law of probabilities, what has been happening to some of us in Latin America,” he said in a speech to the military.”Would it be so strange that they’ve invented technology to spread cancer and we won’t know about it for 50 years?”
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff and her predecessor, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, as well as Paraguay’s Fernando Lugo and, most recently, Argentine President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner have all been diagnosed with cancer. Chávez himself has an undisclosed type of cancer and has called for a regional summit of his fellow leaders who are currently suffering from or have battled cancer