The Scoop 12/28/11
THE 90’s IN ONE PICTURE
1. BEYONCE GIVING BIRTH SOON (NY Post) — Rumor has it that Beyoncé may be giving birth “at any moment.”
According to the website Media Takeout, the staff at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital on the Upper West Side has been informed that an exceptionally high-profile patient will check in today to give birth. The hospital staff believes that the mom-to-be is none other than Beyoncé.
Nurses shared with the site that while the identity of the patient has yet to be confirmed, whoever she is, she booked an entire half of the hospital’s “labor and delivery suite,” where Alicia Keys gave birth to baby Egypt.
A rep for People tells the website Gossip Cop that the cover is a hoax, cobbled together by Photoshop. Still, the cover — dated Jan. 7 — is being widely circulated on the Internet. Some are believing its veracity.
“Exclusive: Taylor Lautner Out & Proud,” the fake cover reads. “Tired of rumors, the Twilight Star opens up about his decision to finally come out.”
The cover even purports to quote Lautner. A made-up quote from the young star reads, “I’m more liberated and happier than I’ve ever been.'”
3. MJ IS ENGAGED TO A LATINA HOTTIE (ATLNightSpots) — Over the Christmas holiday weekend Michael popped the big question to his longtime girlfriend Yvette Prieto on a vacation to Monaco even though he swore he wasn’t getting married again. He grossed a cool 60 million this past year and he paid close to $300 million in his divorce settlement. Sources say Michael gave her a ring that cost seven figures.
4. THERE WILL BE BLOOD ON “X-FACTOR” NEXT SEASON (People) — With Melanie Amaro just crowned this season’s winner, auditions are already underway for next season’s The X Factor– and contestants and viewers should prepare themselves for a few possible changes.
“Can we make the show better? Yes. I will never ever go into anything going forward unless I can believe I can make it better,”Simon Cowell, the show’s producer and judge, told PEOPLE Thursday after Amaro had won the $5 million recording contract. “Next year will be a bloodbath. We have to come out with something better than the rest, and that’s what we aim to do.”
While Cowell was mum on specifics, he said in the next week he plans to sit down back in the U.K. with the X Factor brain trust, which will also get input from sponsors and the FOX network before any decisions are made regarding the show in 2012.
5. EX-PRESIDENT RICHARD NIXON GAY? (Daily Mail) — A new biography by Don Fulsom, a veteran Washington reporter who covered the Nixon years, suggests the 37th U.S. President had a serious drink problem, beat his wife and — by the time he was inaugurated in 1969 — had links going back two decades to the Mafia, including with New Orleans godfather Carlos Marcello, then America’s most powerful mobster.
Yet the most extraordinary claim is that the homophobic Nixon may have been gay himself. If true, it would provide a fascinating insight into the motivation and behaviour of a notoriously secretive politician.
Fulsom argues that Nixon may have had an affair with his best friend and confidant, a Mafia‑connected Florida wheeler-dealer named Charles ‘Bebe’ Rebozo who was even more crooked than Nixon.
6. KEVIN HART: SERIAL KILLER? (Facebook) — I stepped on a cheerio this morning…. Does that make me a cereal killer?
7. AUNT VIV DOESN’T LIKE WILL SMITH (TMZ) — The woman who played the original Aunt Viv on “Fresh Prince of Bel Air” says there’s a damn good reason she wasn’t at a recent reunion dinner with the rest of the Banks family — she HATES Will Smith.
15 years after the show went off the air … Janet Hubert tells TMZ she’s still upset with the way she was fired from the show … and blames the whole thing on Smith himself.
“There will never be a reunion … as I will never do anything with an a-hole like Will Smith,” Hubert said.
She adds, “He is still an egomaniac and has not grown up. This constant reunion thing will never ever happen in my lifetime unless there is an apology, which he doesn’t know the word.”
8. KASEY KAHNE IS TURNED OFF BY MOM BOOBIES (Mediaite) — NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne went on a bizarre, anti-public breastfeeding tirade on his Twitter feed yesterday, later deleting his tweets without apology. The speedway champion tweeted he was grossed out to see a woman breastfeeding in a supermarket, hashtagging #nasty and said he didn’t feel like shopping or eating anymore after seeing it. After a woman told him she disagreed, he called her a “dumb bitch.” His remarks were surprising for a participant in a sport fast becoming popular with female fans.