Morning Scoop 12/26/11
1. KOBE WANTS TO RECONCILE (TMZ) — Kobe Bryant has NOT given up on saving his marriage … and sources close to the family tell us his two daughters are playing a major role in his effort to reconcile … TMZ has learned. We’re told Kobe is “deeply depressed” over the situation — and is very concerned about how his daughters will handle growing up in two separate households. Bryant’s family was not aware of Kobe’s exploits — but they hope he and Vanessa can find a way to get along in the future … if only for the sake of the kids.
2. BASKETBALL WIFE SUED (TMZ) — Evelyn Lozada — one of the stars of “Basketball Wives” who was once engaged to former NBA All-Star Antoine Walker — is being sued for allegedly receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars illegally. Walker raked in a whopping $110 million during his NBA career, in addition to untold millions in endorsements and other deals … and he blew ALL OF IT and a lot more. It seems Walker gave Lozada $560,000 when he already knew he was going belly up. The trustee says Lozada used the money to start a Miami shoe store called Dulce, and now the trustee wants the $560k back.
3. NBA IS BACK AND LMFAO IS CELEBRATING
4. JENNIFER HUDSON WAS ALMOST PRECIOUS (Digital Spy) — Jennifer Hudson has revealed that she turned down the lead role in the 2009 drama Precious. The singer-actress claimed in her book, I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down, that she was tapped to play Claireece ‘Precious’ Jones in the film but passed on it because she was asked to gained weight. “I had done that with Effie [in Dreamgirls]… and as much as I was moved by this film. I wanted to try a role that had nothing whatsoever to do with my weight,”she said.
5. BEST MASH-UP OF THE YEAR
6. MICHAEL LOHAN APPROVES OF LINDSAY’S PLAYBOY ISSUE (Dr. Drew’s LifeChangers) — In an episode of Dr. Drew Pinsky’s Lifechangers TV show, airing December 28, the troubled elder Lohan said he thinks Lindsay made the right choice posing nude. “If she’s happy with it, I’m happy with it,” he said. “I haven’t seen it and I never look at it, any of it,” he claimed before a large naked image of his daughter was flashed up on the screen in front of him. “There she is. Do I have to close my eyes?” “It’s a move in a direction where she’s working… so as far as I’m concerned it’s a good move.”
7. WHO ARE THE HOTTEST MUSICAL ACTS OF 2011? (AceShowbiz) — 2011 has its fair share of new music acts. The likes of J. Cole, Foster the People, Scotty McCreery, Jessie J and The band Perry are picked because they have proved themselves in their own unique ways. Those rising stars stole attention and stood out among the rest either by busting the charts, making history with their record-breaking music, or going viral with their genre-bending sound. If they keep up the good work, they won’t be just one hit wonder and will continue to shine in the years to come (Click on the “AceShowbiz” link for the whole scoop)
8. SOLDIER SHOT AT HIS HOMECOMING PARTY (z104.3) — A decorated Army soldier recovering from injuries suffered in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan has been shot at his homecoming party, and family members say he’s paralyzed and in critical condition. Christopher Sullivan, 22, was shot late Friday while trying to break up a fight between his brother and another man at a San Bernardino, Calif., residence. “My son didn’t deserve this. He served his country,” his mother, Suzanne Sullivan, told the San Bernardino Sun.
9. MOVIES — Mission Impossible makes $26 million at number 1, Sherlock Holmes sequel makes $17 million at number 2, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked is number 3 making $13 million, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo comes in at #4 and Tintin is #5.
10. CRAZY VIDEO —
SPORTS: Heat beat the Mavs, Lakers lost to the Bulls, NYK scores last second buzzer to beat Celtics and KG chokes Bill Walker, Clippers beat the Warriors by 10-12ish and OKC easily beats a distracted Orlando. Green Bay clinches #1 and beats the Bears, ATL Falcons also clinch a playoff spot.